Lily of the Valley Kindergarten was started in 2010 to provide quality daycare, preschool and school readiness programs. We adhere to keep the best practices in education and childcare.
Lily of the Valley Kindergarten strives to offer high quality early learning experiences for children so that they can reach their full potential; be prepared for school while nurturing excellence in their knowledge and talent.
What is different at Lily of the Valley Kindergarten?
We believe that early childhood education lays an important foundation for life-long learning and whole personal development. We help to enhance physical, emotional, and spiritual growth.
We also believe that you educate a child and you change a community.
After attending your child will be able to:
• Engage in physical activities and cultivate a healthy lifestyle;
• Develop basic language skills and logical thinking;
• Build up communication skills;
• Explore their own talents.
Your child has the potential to be capable, con dent and a curious learner and we at Lily of the Valley Kindergarten believe there are a number of core values and beliefs:
• Our Early Childhood Services offer all children a safe and secure environment in which they can develop individually.
• We aim to provide exible educational and recreational programs
• We welcome family involvement and contribution.
• Our staff are quali ed and trained in early childhood education and care giving skills.
• We strive to implement environmentally friendly practices and sustainability within our services.
• Lily of the Valley Kindergarten carries out the Kenyan system of education and we are currently incorporating the Montessori system into the Programme with guide lines from the Ministry of Education.
• We cater for children aged 2 1⁄2 years to 6years of age.
• The children attend school from 8:30am to 3:00pm
• The classes are primarily conducted in English, with the second-language being Kiswahili introduced at pre-unit level.
We follow an inquiry based curriculum where children learn through exploration, hands-on experiences and play-based activities.
Children are encouraged and motivated to learn through experiences of discovery, experimentation and re ection in small groups.
Each child is considered individually in their learning journey as they may be at a different stage in their understanding and development to their peers.
Learning and development covers the following areas:
• Languages - English and Kiswahili language and literacy
- Learning conducted in both written and oral.The children are encouraged to
express themselves during story time by listening, re-telling stories given to them and imitating characters in the stories.
• Mathematics – numbers in nursery rhymes, recognizing various colours, shapes and patterns.
• Thematic teaching - where the children learn through themes identi ed by the teachers, e.g. theme on domestic animals.
• Arts – Creative activities which include art and crafts, activities that enhance the child’s ne and gross motor skills i.e. colouring, holding a pencil, running and throwing ball etc.
- Music and dance movement with accompaniment of piano (this enhances the child’s language and social skills)
- Dance, Tae-kwon-do and basic computer skills
• Personal, Religious, Social and Physical Education
- The children are taught basic etiquette e.g. courtesy i.e. respect; how to excuse oneself, say Thank you, Please, etc.
- Christian Religious Education and how to say the Grace and Our Father prayers
- Their feelings, caring and sharing.
- The children enhance their motor skills such as running, throwing, etc.
• Individualized education – This is a program where each child’s education needs are identified and met.
Our setting is a carefully-planned designated class area. We have both outdoor and indoor physical play areas, encourag- ing activities such as ball-skills and physical games.
Class sizes and staffing:
•The school class group structures are: Baby class, Nursery and Pre-unit. The timetable provides daily opportunities for the children and staff to interact.
• Each class has been allocated one trained teacher and an assistant who are dedicated to helping each
child discover his or her unique potential.
• All teachers are quali ed in Early Childhood Development and have many years of experience in working with young children.
•Lily of the Valley Kindergarten is committed to on-going professional training for all staff and upgrading of the education training style.
Class sizes and staffing:
•The class group structures are: Baby class, Kindergarten and Pre-primary. The timetable provides daily opportunities for the children and staff to interact.
• Each class has been allocated one trained teacher and an assistant who are dedicated to helping each child discover his or her unique potential.
• At Lily of the Valley Kindergar- ten, our teachers are sensitive to
the needs of all children, recognizing that they are continually growing and absorbing the world around them.
Emphasis is placed on the total child development, guiding the child towards becoming self-reliant and emotionally stable.
We provide a warm, nurturing and stimulating environment, which fosters independence and is responsive to the child’s emotional, social and physical needs.
• All teachers are qualified in Early Childhood Development and have many years of experience in working with young children.
• Lily of the Valley Kindergarten is committed to on-going professional training for all staff and upgrading of the education training style.
TODAY +254 725 514 083
• Parents are invited to parent information sessions at the end of the school year. We also have sched- uled private parent-teacher meetings to discuss your child's progress. Should the need arise; further meetings are scheduled as required.
• Each child will receive progress reports at the end of each term during their 3 years in kindergarten, and every child's progress is monitored by individual portfolios.
• Each child has a daily communication book for parents and teachers to communicate short messages.
The child’s Individual Needs:
Please inform us if your child has any special educational needs.
Our request for information or assessments is not based on any desire to label your child, but rather to help us to support your child’s development in the best way that we can.
Please inform us of anything that may affect your child e.g. illness, allergies, etc or any other traumatic occurrences.